Revision as of 08:44, 9 July 2016 by Josef Friedrich
 Welcome to the LuaTeX wiki
 Some articles
- Documentation and help points to other online resources (manuals, mailing list, etc.) related to LuaTeX.
- Writing Lua in TeX explains how to write Lua code in a TeX document (and back).
- Attributes introduces LuaTeX's thrilling new concept.
- Pages on callbacks:
- Callbacks introduces callbacks and how to use them.
- There is a page on the post_linebreak_filter callback, explaining and illustrating it with a couple of examples. The Show the hyphenation points article is another example of use.
- The page on the process_input_buffer callback illustrates how to read documents with non-UTF-8 encoding, and how to write TeX with lightweight markup instead of the usual commands.
- Another callback is show_error_hook, which lets you enliven your error messages!
- You can fake XeTeX's interchar tokens with the token_filter.
- TeX without TeX is about using TeX's functionality (typesetting, pdf writing) only using Lua code (no \TeX macros).
- Create a fontsampler using plain LuaTeX and luaotfload.
- Annotate math expressions in PDF with a bounding box using LuaLaTeX.
 Packages on LuaTeX
- lua-visual-debug Visual debugging with LuaLaTeX.
- luabibentry Repeat BibTeX entries in a LuaLaTeX document body.
- luacode Helper for executing lua code from within TeX.
- LuaTeX-ja LuaTeX-ja is a macro package to typeset Japanese(also Chinese) texts using Lua(La)TeX.
- luaindex Create index using lualatex.
- luainputenc Replacing inputenc for use in LuaTeX.
- lualatex-math Fixes for mathematics-related LuaLaTeX issues.
- lualibs Additional Lua functions for LuaTeX macro programmers.
- luamplib Use LuaTeX's built-in MetaPost interpreter.
- luaotfload OpenType layout system for Plain TeX and LaTeX.
- luasseq Drawing spectral sequences in LuaLaTeX.
- luatexbase Basic resource management for LuaTeX code.
 Useful modules
- nodetree visualize node lists in a tree view
- viznodelist LuaTeX nodelist visualization
 From the old bluwiki.com
(Mostly by and thanks to Yannis Haralambous)
- An example of code traversing TeX nodes before an horizontal list goes through the line breaking engine;
- An example of code traversing tokens just before execution or expansion;
- you want to explore the table obtained from a TrueType font, loaded by font.read_ttf;
- you want to explore the internal font table of a pre-loaded font or of a font you have loaded by \font and then used for at least one glyph;
- how to use a TrueType font without going through a TFM or a OFM file;
- how to do kinsoku (Japanese and more generally CJK typesetting);
- you want a newline in your log file or on the terminal? add \string\n to your string;
- you want to sort a token list;
- you want to split a comma-separated list;
- you want to encrypt your document using ROT13;
- you want to typeset non-TeX files by converting them using Lua code;
- example code to mirror characters with Bidi_Mirrored property;
- using mplib to write metapost with LuaTeX