Welcome to the LuaTeX wiki
- There are two mailing lists related to LuaTeX, one for general discussions and questions about LuaTeX ("luatex users") and one more related to the development of LuaTeX ("dev-luatex")
- There is also a LuaLaTeX (LaTeX with LuaTeX) mailing list.
- tex.stackexchange.com is a q&a site for questions related to TeX, and you can ask (and answer) LuaTeX related questions there.
- The online reference manual (pdf) describes every aspect of LuaTeX, but is rather technical and concise.
Some topics from the old wiki at bluwiki.com
(Thanks to Yannis Haralambous)
- An example of code traversing TeX nodes before an horizontal list goes through the line breaking engine;
- An example of code traversing tokens just before execution or expansion;
- you want to explore the table obtained from a TrueType font, loaded by font.read_ttf;
- you want to explore the internal font table of a pre-loaded font or of a font you have loaded by \font and then used for at least one glyph;
- how to use a TrueType font without going through a TFM or a OFM file;
- how to do kinsoku (Japanese and more generally CJK typesetting);
- you want a newline in your log file or on the terminal? add \string\n to your string;
- you want to sort a token list;
- you want to split a comma-separated list;
- you want to encrypt your document using ROT13;
- you want to typeset non-TeX files by converting them using Lua code;
- example code to mirror characters with Bidi_Mirrored property;
- using mplib to write metapost with LuaTeX