Documentation and help
- The definitive source of information on LuaTeX is the LuaTeX Reference; the link points to the latest version, documenting latest builds, but can be used for older versions too.
- The previous document reduced to a cheatsheet is also available with the Short Reference.
- TUGboat (communications of the TeX User Group) has featured regular articles on LuaTeX for some years now.
- More can be found in publications by local user groups and conferences.
- The LuaTeX mailing list is frequented by knowledgeable people and questions rarely remain unanswered.
 On Lua
- Programming in Lua, by Lua's chief architect Roberto Ierusalimschy, is available online for version 5.0, quite usable for later versions.